Liquid Crystal 6 Color
MADE BY SOLAR COLOR DUST
Thermochromic Ink - "Mood Ring" Effect!
Specialty material changes in the range of the activation temperatures
12 Color Liquid Crystal changes between 60F - 90F
Colors resemble shades of:
Black, Brown, Red, Yellow, Green, Blue, Purple, Pink, Yellow, Green Blue & Purple.
Pure Form works best being painted on by brush. Because of the nature of the ink, it will leave textured brush strokes.
For spraying purposes, the Pure Form can be diluted with filtered water. Use the desired amount of water to make the Liquid Crystal thin enough to spray thru your spraying device. Not recommend to use more than 1 oz of water to 10 grams.
Do not mix with any other mediums, as this can damage the color changing effect!
The Sprayable Version can be used in an airbrush or Preval Spray System to be sprayed onto your project for a smoother finish.
It may require a few additional thin coats for a more vivid effect.
LIQUID CRYSTAL IS THE RAW MATERIAL FOUND IN MOOD RINGS AND LCD SCREENS. THE MATERIAL CHANGES MULTIPLE COLORS BASED ON REACTION TO HEAT. FOR BEST RESULTS THE INK MUST BE APPLIED OVER A BLACK BACKGROUND, OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT SEE THE COLOR CHANGE AS WELL.
Protect with Art Resin or Model Master's clear gloss enamel (both sold separately on this site) to protect from elements which can cause damage to the color change effect.
- Shake bottle/jar well before use
- Apply desired amount of coats over a black surface and let dry completely
- Note: Liquid Crystal is water based and brushing multiple layers can peel up the previous coat.
- For best effect, spray the Liquid Crystal in light coats, drying completely with a hair dryer in-between each coat. Recommended spraying 4 coats per project.
- Seal with clear epoxy resin or enamel to prevent the Liquid Crystal from peeling or scratching off.